Red Lace Japanese Maple
Acer Palmatum

My favorite tree, this 40 year old filagree redlace japanese maple. It's beauty and grace isn't justified in this photo. To me it almost feels magical. The art of shaping this beauty comes naturally to me. I clip each branch down to a particular leaf until it "feels" right. It's truly an art form, a craft and a pleasure to care for this tree. I'm so lucky to have bought my house with this tree already on the property. These trees are a common subject in Japanese, Chinese and Korean art.


Comments

  1. we planted a japanese maple tree two three years ago. she loves it especially when the red colour is very vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel like the red is more vibrant early on in the season and turns more deep green as the summer progresses. i have to keep my eye on that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)