My Long Island

Just a quick moment of gratitude. There are so many beautiful places to live. So many small towns that don't even make it onto the map. My hometown, Franklin Square is essentially one of those towns. It's overlooked, as nothing noteworthy makes it pop. But isn't that in itself the charm? I believe so. We are a quaint community of neighbors who know eachother and families who grew up generation after generation with one another. It's a conservative town yet liberal in it's social beliefs. We are a hop away from the worlds busiest city and a jump away from the worlds most renowned beach town. Smack in the middle of everything one could wish for. I am proud to call myself a long islander and I am proud to be part of my community. Sometimes these "little things" are taken for granted. But I don't take my town for granted. And part of the reason I keep my house looking the way I do, is because of that pride. It's not only a reflection of who I am, my house is one piece of a whole town. Happy Spring!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)