Salvia Divinorum Second Year

I was not sure my Salvia would survive the winter. They fully disappeared and left me wondering when spring arrived if I'd need to but new perennials to fill in the space. I'm happy to say that they not only returned, but returned with strength, abundance and beauty. The flower stalks are more than I could have ever imagined. The plants are strong and noble.

In Nassau County Salvia is legal while in Suffolk and the surrounding areas this plant has been under scrutiny due to its hallucinogenic effects. Some dry the leaves and smoke them or make a potent tea that apparently is stronger than LSD. While I'll never know the effects I'll take the experts word on the matter. For me the plant is beautiful and when pruned regularly throughout the summer, it blooms the entire season through.
Salvia under river birch shot at night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)