Royal Empress Tree (Second Season Growth)

The neighborhood is anxiously awaiting the new growth on the two Royal Empress trees I planted last spring. While the first year was exciting to watch for the speed at which the Empress shot up, this spring the "beanstalks" have hardener and taken on a woodier look. Beginning in early spring I pruned each new bud that appeared lower than where I wanted the tree to branch out. Here are the two Royal Empress trees after winter dormancy and about a month of active growth. The trees did bloom later than most of the other trees in the neighborhood.




Comments

  1. I did a double take when we passed by some trees on the side of the road. At first, I thought their bright bluish-purple....Tree Nursery Co

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)