Royal Empress Tree (First Season Growth)

When I bought my Royal Empress tree it was a bare root with a bud, nothing more. That was 5 months ago (beginning of growing season for north east). I told family, friends and neighbors that a huge tree would appear here shortly. They all laughed at me (some people, MOM, even made financial bets with me that the little root with a bud would not grow beyond a few feet tall at most. I PROVED THEM WRONG! My two Royal Empress trees (sold to me as sterile, non-invasive variety) have shot up to over 8 feet tall and the growing season has not ended. As you can see I am beginning to trim the bottom leaves little by little as the trunk matures. Can't wait to see the beautiful flowers they bare and I'm looking forward to continue watching these two trees reach toward the clouds. Btw…people stop in their cars to ask me what they are ALL THE TIME. They literally have become the talk of the neighborhood. Pretty fun stuff!

(click on first image to see progression of growth)






Comments

  1. How is your Empress Tree now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves are much smaller this year. I'm focusing on shaping the tree so that the branches begin at about 6' or so.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Neil. I posted two new pictures of the Empress trees. The day was a bit dreary so I'll take some more in a month or so to follow up on its growth. They are looking good and still keeping the neighbors intrigued.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)