Spring 2012-The Beginning

Beginning last fall and early this spring (really late winter) I pulled out all the existing trees, bushes and shrubs that were overgrown and unruly and have embarked on a planting excursion. I have in mind to use some standards, tried and true favorites and some unusual (atleast to Long Island, NY) plants, trees and shrubs.
I'm a novice who has been interested in plants since childhood. I finally own my own house so my mother can no longer yell at me and direct me on what to purchase (not saying she won't or hasn't already tried) but I have final say! Join me as I embark on a journey to find interesting plants for my home and watch as I capture their growth and flowering habits throughout the year. I will capture each species in the four seasons to show growth rate, color change,
flowering habit and overall general care that I provide. While I am a novice, I do have a green thumb. And passion goes a long way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)