Let's Start with the Canvas

Not the prettiest sight I know but it will be when I'm done with it! The entire house was covered with 50+ year old bushes that were overgrown and way to crowded. My first attempt was to take my chances with major pruning and reshaping but alas I hated the look so I decided to pull all the bushes out and since ivy had taken over the trees, lawn and fence I also needed to buy ivy killer and round up. I'm not a fan of using these products nor do I like to kill any living plant but the ivy was so invasive I had no other choice.
Once all the shrubbery was gone I could picture the restoring process (that I've begun) and things are looking quite rosy. Neighbors are already stopping in their cars to compliment the new look of the house. So remember this picture because it won't look like this for long!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Variegated Willow Bush

Rain Chains

The Polka Dot Begonia (Begonia Maculata)